Tuesday, May 5, 2009

About Me and This Blog

Welcome to my blog site and thank you for your interest. I am a candidate for the Pedernales Electric Co-op Board of Directors, District 6. Like last year, this is an at-large election, meaning members will vote for one candidate in each of the districts open for election.

I have included here, my bio as it will appear on the ballot and the PEC Candidate website. I have also included my press release, announcing my candidacy. Following these two items, you will find some blogs I wrote last year for the Hays County Roundup, a newstream that is open for anyone to read. When I wrote these blogs, they were about current events at the PEC. My goal was to give members a better understanding of the issues they were seeing in other media. These blogs were researched and written for the benefit of PEC members. There was no compensation for these articles. I ceased writing when the PEC began writing releases along the same vent. I have continued to research current events at our co-op and will be writing new blogs for this site, as well as any campaign materials I believe will enable the members to decide how to cast their vote.

I encourage your questions and comments, and will make every attempt to respond. Email address and phone number is posted above. Or you may use this site for comments. I have a strong commitment to be available to members and believe that the more a member understands the issues at hand, the better it is for our co-op. Thank you again, and I look forward to serving you as a Board Director. Linda Kaye Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment